Saturday, August 30, 2008

Marina Bay Fireworks 2008

Decided to try my fireworks technique again.

It was an enlightening experience.

Dropped daughter off at Bras Besar for tuition at 6.30pm. Parked my car at Esplanade and was thinking of going shopping before the schedule time of fireworks at 9pm. Rain had just stopped. I walked up to the Esplanade Bridge/Walkway and to my astonishment there were at least more than 50 photographers "setup" and "ready" at the bridge. Talking to a senior gentleman, a seasoned photographer at fireworks (local and abroad), I was advised to find a good location and not to leave till the action. Immediately I felt the tension and excitement.

Well, it was almost a 3 hours wait for 15 minutes of fireworks(French). BUT, it was worth the wait. The beauty was under-represented by my photos. Will promise to improve.

click here for more photos

1 comment:

KC said...

Beautiful shots,Esther. Worth the drizzling rain & long wait...