Monday, September 15, 2008

Lantern Festival at River Walk


10th Sept 2008

Ended work early and had no prior plans or duties. Decided to take photos at the River Walk. Had never been there and was disorientated, ie lost my way. Found the lanterns only after dinner, when they were lighted.

It was a beautiful evening, cool and breezy, wonderful outside the UOB plaza, watching the little boy disturbing the pigeons.

The pubs were very crowded, reminded me of the those in Scotland....But I think the restaurants were not doing so well. Most of them were offering free first drink and auto-discount 20-30%. I had my first beer free....

For lantern photos click here












There was a troop from China performing but there was no proper stage and people was just crowding around. Worse than the old Wayang we had. Could have been better organised and more people would be able to enjoy the performances.

It was interesting to realise the change of mood..... I felt like a country mouse......


No comments: