Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cousins


Had a very busy weekend.



A cousin living in Sydney dropped by on her way back from her India holiday .



Didn't have much time for her over the 3 days when she's here.



She bought some glass beads as other tour group members were buying and passed them to me. I promised to produce some finished work and also will made a trip to visit my uncles next year.
So, managed to finish off half of the glass beads - the cool colours. Spent my free afternoon at People's park shopping for more coloured stones to match the other beads. Will upload the products ASAP.
Also attended the wedding of another cousin, living in New Zealand and was getting married to a Singapore girl.
Representing my whole immediate family, I walked into the restaurant and identified the groom. A huge man of more than 90 kg. I introduced myself: "Congratulations XX, I'm your cousin.." "Ooooh.....Okey.....Nice to meet you..hm......I'll look for daddy."
It was our first meeting after more than 20 years. He must have been a small boy running around at Chinese New Year gatherings before. We didn't know / recognise each other. And we are first cousins, although our fathers are half brothers. Hm...

No comments: